Dear Treasure Coast Resident,
Your home is one of your most important possessions. By keeping it properly maintained, you can reduce the risk of a loss. Please take a moment to review these important safety tips.
- Test your smoke detectors monthly, and change the batteries annually or as needed.
- Replace all high-intensity bulbs with fluorescent bulbs that don’t produce as much heat.
- Have your air conditioning system inspected by a professional as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust, and pieces of material.
- Remove all dead trees in your yard, and keep healthy trees and bushes trimmed and away from utility wires.
- Repair cracked, broken or uneven driveways and walkways to provide a level walking surface.
For more seasonal home maintenance tips and to learn how you can further protect your home and property, visit travelers.com/prepare-prevent/index and contact us at Sebastian Insurance to stay even safer!