What is Umbrella Insurance?
A personal umbrella policy provides extra liability insurance for auto and home owners.
Is the liability insurance you have with your auto or home policy enough to cover all your assets? A severe car accident or damage on your property could be costly. You’re regular home or auto insurance may not be enough to help.
What is umbrella insurance?
Umbrella insurance adds an extra layer of personal liability protection. A single policy covers all underlying policies you own (auto, home, motorcycle, boat, etc.) and kicks in if the liability limits on these policies are required. And compared to the risk of a catastrophic event, We can help find an Umbrella Policy that covers all your needs to have peace of mind, always.
An umbrella policy can help cover many things we may not think of on a daily basis. Or we assume our regular policy will never exceed its limit.
Bodily Injury : The cost of damages to another person’s body. Like the cost of medical bills and/or liability claims a few examples:
- Injuries to an person because of a serious auto accident where you are at fault.
- Harm caused to another as a result of your dog (yeah, you probably should have taken him to obedience school)
- Injuries to a guest in your home due to a fall
- Injuries that happen to a neighbor’s child who falls while playing in your yard
Property Damage: covers the cost of damage or loss to another person’s property. Examples:
- Damage to vehicles and other property as a result of an auto accident where you are at fault
- Damage claims when your new puppy decides a friend’s priceless oriental rug would be a good chew toy
- Accidental damage to school property caused by your child (hey, you can’t disown them)
Owners of Rentals: helps protect against liability that you may face as a landlord. Examples include :
- Someone tripping over a crack in the sidewalk of your rental property and suing you for damages
- Your tenant’s dog biting someone and you being held responsible for the injuries
Coverage is also provided should you be sued for:
- Slander – injurious spoken statement
- Libel – injurious written statement
- False arrest, detention, or imprisonment
- Malicious prosecution
- Shock/mental anguish
- Other personal liability situations
Umbrella Insurance can be confusing, we can help! Call our office or stop by for a free quote!